As you age, it’s not just about lines and wrinkles. Your cheeks can lose volume and your skin may begin to sag. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC injectable gel is a colorless hyaluronic gel that is deeply injected for cheek augmentation and used to correct age-related volume deficit in the mid-face region that lasts up to 2 years.
Actual patient. Results may vary. Unretouched photos taken before treatment and 1 month after treatment with JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC. A total of 2.6 mL of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC was injected into the cheek area.
The role of hyaluronic acid in the skin is to deliver nutrients, hydrate the skin by retaining water and act as a cushioning agent. The injectable gel adds volume to the facial tissue and restores a smoother contour and more youthful appearance. In addition, this product contains lidocaine for improved comfort for patients during treatment.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC works on a different area of the face than JUVÉDERM® XC. JUVÉDERM® XC smoothes out moderate to severe wrinkles and folds around the nose and mouth, like parentheses, while JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC adds volume to the cheek area.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC injectable gel is manufactured using VYCROSS technology to give a specialized smooth-gel filler that produces long-lasting results at the treatment site.
What else should you know about JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC?
- First and only Hyaluronic Acid (HA) filler FDA-approved to instantly add volume to the cheek area, resulting in a subtle lift
- Clinically proven to last up to 2 years with optimal treatment
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC is from the makers of the #1 family of fillers: Allergen.
- After 24 hours, you should be able to resume your normal activities
- Side effects are moderate and generally last 2 to 4 weeks. Common side effects include temporary reactions at the treatment site such as tenderness, swelling, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, pain, redness, discoloration, and itching.